This Policy explains how www.dailynewsbucket.com (hereinafter collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”),) collects, handles, stores and protects personal information about you in the context of our services. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information.
This Policy applies to individuals who use our services through any medium, inter alia, website, application, our or third party social media pages, any other electronic communication et cetera.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, for the purposes of tracking ‘user behaviour’. www.dailynewsbucket.com encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect several types of information, including but not limited to:
- Your Personal Information – the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, especially when you log in through other social media website login interface, and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information: Your full name, email address, and other information that you may provide or have provided with your account on third party platforms and collated by us through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Twitter, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website.
- Your preferences: Your preferences and settings saved on third-party sign-in services websites such as time zone and language.
- Your content: Information you provide through our Services, including your likes, shares, comments, other details and history, favourites; specific contact information of people you add to or notify of, our Services, names, and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used; the advertisements you clicked on.
- Your communications: Communications between you and other users or third party links or advertisements through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, contest or promotion scheme; your request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other services); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services.
- Your Public Posts: You also may provide information (such as comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed or posted (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, time zone, language preference, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files: We may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Last URL visited: The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our websites.
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our website. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our website, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our services.
- Your activity on the Services: Information about your activity on the Services, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
COOKIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC TOOLS
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the computer that enables us to recognize you when you visit our website, store your preferences and settings, enhance your experience by delivering content and advertising specific to your interests (tailored advertising), perform research and analytics (internal and/or through the third party), track your use of our Services, and assist with security and administrative functions.
Most browsers are set to automatically allow cookies. Please note it may be possible to disable some (but not all) cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may interfere with certain functionality on the Services. You may also alter your settings to receive alert notifications when cookies are being sent. To modify your cookie settings, please visit your browser’s help settings.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from and about you for legitimate purposes, inter alia, to:
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests); process and respond to your queries; send you communications that you have requested and/or notifications/updates/pop-ups; provide you with support service; et cetera.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for remuneration.
- Enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’/service providers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Internally, to our subsidiaries and affiliates and sister concerns;
- To contractors, advertisers/service providers and other third parties;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you communications via emails to inform you about our services that may be of interest to you, push notifications/pop-ups to your devices on our behalf et cetera.
- Legal Purposes. We may share your information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or to comply with legal process.
This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations on account of legal request such as subpoena, court order or government demand to comply with the law.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
CHANGES THROUGH YOU
When you sign up or make a request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or any other services), you are opting in to receive emails/notifications/pop-ups from www.dailynewsbucket.com including its allied concerns.
You can log in to manage your email preferences and follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt-out of receiving the certain administrative policy, service policy, or legal policy email/notifications from www.dailynewsbucket.com.
In case you need to touch base, please use the “Contact Us” link provided on www.dailynewsbucket.com.
However, please note that your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon,
- if the information or material you request relates to/conflicts with any existing or anticipated legal proceedings and/or negotiations between you and us and/or any third party, or
- if in contradiction to our records retention policies and/or any other applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
Please note if you delete your User Contributions from our websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of our websites.
Please note that appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures, in compliance with accepted industry standards, have been implemented to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards are subjected to the sensitivity of the information that is collected, processed and stored and the current state of technology.
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your personal information with anyone. If we receive instructions using your personal information, we will reckon that the instructions have been authorized by you.