In today’s world, you can do anything on the tips of your finger. Whether you need to book a cab, order food, or go shopping, just a few taps on your smartphone, and it’s done. Grocery shopping is no more different. People now prefer to buy their daily groceries online through an app. In fact, you would be surprised to know that nearly 25% of the consumers in the US order their groceries online. The demand is continuously increasing and will spur the market to higher growth. By 2022, it is expected that the online grocery market will reach the valuation of a whopping $133.8 billion. This shift of shopping trends has increased the demand for grocery delivery mobile apps and paves a great opportunity for startups, traditional grocery stores, and tech companies to build their own grocery delivery mobile app.
With the availability of high-speed internet and smartphones at very affordable rates, people have become more technically advanced to use shopping apps. Also, the novel coronavirus pandemic has led to social distancing to prevent infection and its spread. Hence, people are avoiding visiting a brick-and-mortar store for their grocery shopping. This paved the way for online grocery mobile apps to increase their sales and in-turn revenue. In this article, we would be discussing the Top 15 Grocery Delivery Mobile Apps Across the Globe. Here’s the list:
BigBasket is India’s one of the largest grocery delivery app where a customer can walk away from the drudgery of grocery shopping and get a very easy & comfortable experience of browsing & shopping daily needs or grocery items. It has been trusted by more than 6 million happy customers. Currently, it is operating in more than 25 cities in India. The range of products is 20,000+ including fresh vegetables, fruits, groceries, daily essential items, organic products, pet food, beauty products, cosmetics, etc.
- Easy Search Options with features like scan bar code search, voice search, and advanced filters
- 90-minute express delivery for last-minute shopping in selected cities
- Searching for items in 7-regional languages
- Timely delivery else 10% refund
- Fast and secure checkout with multiple payment options
Grofers is another popular online grocery shopping marketplace in India where you can find almost all products of daily shopping. This grocery delivery app allows you to buy items from your favorite store in your area and get delivered to your doorstep within 90 minutes. There is a huge variety of products on the app such as Fruits, Vegetables, Bakery products, groceries, flowers, meats, pet food, baby care items, cosmetic items, etc. You can get the things delivered instantly or schedule the delivery later as per your convenience.
- Search availability in 6 regional languages
- Multiple payment options through credit, debit cards, net banking, and digital wallets
- 100% return and exchange policy
- Exciting offers & deals plus cashback on paying with digital wallets
- Get instant refunds through Grofers Cash
Postmates is like any other grocery delivery app and was among the first of its kind, and it delivers more than just food. It has been designed like “a remote control for your city” by which you can order food and other services delivered to your address. Apart from food delivery, the customers can order from certain grocery stores, pharmacies, and even electronics and liquor stores. The minimum order amount should be $12 else you have to pay a cart charge of $1.99 and the delivery charge is $9.
- 500,000+ local and national restaurants plus 650,000+ Postmates on the ground
- Operates in 4,200+ cities
- Real-time order tracking and get all updates of delivery progress
- Postmates Pickup for takeout orders, skip the line, and the fees.
- Get free delivery by subscribing to Postmates unlimited.
Using Instacart, you can shop from your favorite grocery stores with the comfort of your home, using a smartphone. Just select the items you want and schedule a delivery. They aim to deliver the groceries within two hours. The company delivers fresh food, drinks including alcohol, and other grocery items. The customers also have the option of picking the groceries up yourself from the store. The delivery fees can vary from $4 to $8.
- Contactless same-day delivery or curbside pick up
- Get nutritional information of the products and filter by your diet type
- 20,000+ locations in North America
- Use Group Carts to easily shop together with friends & family
Also Read: Best Money Saving Apps
Target comes among the top 10 retailer apps in America. Its brand value is enormous. It allows you the customer shop from nearly 2,000 retail outlets in different forms such as discount stores, supermarkets, etc. It caters to the needs of young shoppers who are more brand-conscious/image-conscious and expect more value for the money they pay.
- Access to a great number of deals, discounts, and offers
- Streamline the shopping operations using aisle locations and store maps
- Bar Code scanning reveal prices, available deals, as well as review
6. Walmart Grocery Delivery
Walmart grocery is one of the biggest grocery delivery services in the world. It provides services in more than 1,600 cities across the world. You can either download the Walmart Grocery app or visit the website. There is a wide range of items that you can find in the store. Walmart also offers the pickup option in addition to the delivery. After selecting the items, choose the delivery slot or pickup. The delivery fees mostly lie between $8 to $10. However, there is a subscription functionality “Grocery Unlimited that provides unlimited deliveries for just $13 per month or $100 per year.
- Millions of items available with free delivery or store pickup
- Reserve a time for delivery
- No markup or hidden fees
- Quickly locate items and Rollbacks with store maps.
Kroger has been committed to being an important part of the communities they serve. It gives you a faster, easier, and more rewarding shopping experience. You can choose pickup as well as delivery. The customers can easily build their shopping list and then use it in the app-store while placing an online order.
- Get weekly ads and quickly add sale items to the shopping list
- You can load the digital coupons directly to your shopper’s card
- Save more throughout the shopping with the Smart Suggest feature
- Use the locator to find the closest Kroger store
Peapod is a Chicago based online grocery delivery mobile app, and operates in several cities of U.S. Peapod online grocery has operations in 24 U.S. urban markets, and as of 2015 was the largest online grocery delivery store in the United States. Peapod is much more like a standard grocery store than some of the other options on our list. The online store is organized by “aisles,” and since the bulk of Peapod’s inventory is stored in the company’s own warehouses, customers can forgo some of the delivery costs by picking up their own orders.
- Same-day grocery delivery available in selected cities
- Wide selection of organics and hard-to-find products
- Filter products by dietary needs
- Auto-fill your cart from past orders
9. Amazon Prime Now
Amazon is amongst the biggest competitors of Walmart. Both the companies are world leaders and gave a huge competition with each other. Amazon’s US food and beverage sales amounted to $6.13 billion in 2019 or 23.7% of total US food and beverage e-commerce sales. Amazon Prime Now is amongst the greatest benefits of the Amazon Prime membership. The delivery service heavily on items stored at Amazon’s many warehouses. You can also get delivered much more than food in this. Everything from batteries and cleaning supplies can be delivered to your door in less than two hours with Prime Now.
- Up to 50% Off on Daily Essential Items
- Get 2-hour Express Delivery. With Amazon’s fast & reliable delivery
- Get products from supermarkets like Big Bazaar, More MegaStore, Spar Hypermarket, Now Store, and other local supermarkets
Browse thousands of products and find deals from over 2,000 stores including Walmart, Canadian Tire, Shoppers, and more. You can easily save money on groceries, pharmacy, and other daily essentials through Flipp.
- Up to date local deals available
- Quickly search for what you need
- Save deals by clipping
- Stay organized with your shopping list
Grocery delivery is the need of the hour. People prefer to buy things online in a bid to avoid social gatherings. If you are planning to develop such a grocery delivery mobile application, then you should consult with a professional team of app developers. There are many mobile app development companies in India, who have expertise in developing on-demand apps with custom features & functionalities, and captivating design.